Disability Support Workers - Ballarat and Geelong
eQuality Support is a growing disability support company servicing the Ballarat and Geelong regions. We have two offices, one in Ballarat and one in Torquay.
We bring together business professionals, health specialists, and disability support workers to empower people with disabilities to live the life they choose.
We’re known for providing individualised support services that achieve exceptional outcomes for clients with high or complex needs. One of our super-strengths is our flexibility and responsiveness to client needs.About the Disability Support Worker roles
We’re seeking multiple Disability Support Workers to join our Ballarat and Geelong teams. We have several casual roles available, with the view that some of these roles will become permanent for the right people.
The Disability Support Worker roles provides high-quality support in Supported Independent Living homes, some of which are brand new, state-of-the-art, 6-star energy rated townhouses -think heated flooring in Ballarat’s winter!
Our clients often have complex or high needs, requiring 24/7 support, so you would need to be able to commit to 25+ hours per week, including evenings and sleepovers.Duties - A day in the life
- Developing meaningful and professional relationships with each client and their family, understanding their unique needs, goals, and daily living activities.
- Using positive reinforcement and other techniques to support clients to achieve their daily routines and goals.
- Providing a high level of physical assistance for clients including all aspects of manual handling, lifting, bending, stretching, and physical transfer.
- Assisting with toileting, showering, meal assistance, medication, grooming, dressing, household duties, and other tasks as required.
- Assistance with daily planning, advocacy, communication, and transport as required by the people we support in home and community settings.
- You’ll have a genuine interest in the well-being and inclusion of people with disability.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the role without causing injury to yourself or others.
- Great verbal communication skills, particularly active listening.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and use initiative.
A minimum Certificate III Qualification in a relevant area such as Disability, Community Services or Aged Care is required.
Or if you’re studying health services such as Nursing, Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy we encourage you to apply.Certificates required
The certificates can take weeks to arrange, so please have them ready before a job offer, so you can start right away.
- First Aid Certificate with CPR (current)
- Working with Children Check (current)
- State/Territory driver’s license and own reliable transport.
- NDIS Worker Screening Check (current)
- Proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status. It is a requirement in Victoria for all Disability Support Workers to be fully vaccinated.
- Satisfaction of all requirements for working in Australia.
You’d be part of a culture that is grounded in strong moral and ethical principles. The values that guide us daily are to act with integrity, treat everyone equally, make a difference everyday, and to work with passion.
With a can-do and can-adapt approach to disability support, which extends to the workforce, you’d be working with people from diverse backgrounds and career experiences.
From passionate support workers, semi-retired nursing professionals, health and community students, and people transitioning from other careers, whatever the ability, background, or experience – we value diversity and see many people thrive in the Disability Support Worker role.Rewards and renumeration
We value your time and skills so, in return, we offer:
- Award wages which are regularly reviewed, generous overtime and overnight rates, and public holiday loadings.
- Paid-induction session run face-to-face.
- A dedicated People and Culture team to support employees.
- Learning and development – online and face-to-face.
- Access to free counselling for any issue at any time, through our Employee Assistance Program
- We promise to value and recognise your work and seek your feedback and ideas to improve.
Download and read the Position Description on eQuality Support's website and if you think you’d be a great fit for the role, we would love to hear from you via an application.
*Please note, as per the Premier's public health order, Disability Support Workers are required to provide proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination to their employers.
No Similar Jobs Found.