Female Disability Support Worker
- : Miraa House
- : 11-Feb-2020
- : Westlake QLD 4074
Situated in Westlake, Miraa House is a nonprofit learning life skills day centre that makes independence real and achievable for women aged 17 and over with an intellectual disability. We have a maximum number of 8 clients per day, providing each with premium individual and small group programs.
Miraa House operates 5 days per week, Monday to Friday from 9am to 3pm. We are currently seeking our newest member of our organisation to help provide the best possible support to our clients.
The person must be flexible with days, initially, this position is casual and is required to work - 2 to 3 day's per week.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate knowledge in legislation, policies and procedures relating to the field of disability. Further, tolerance and understanding for those that exhibit challenging behaviours is essential.
About the Role:
The role will require the candidate to support our young ladies with their daily activities, including but not limited to administrating medication and assisting in personal care needs.
There is nothing more rewarding than assisting and supporting our young women, reach their goals.
Skills and experience:
- Current Australian driver’s license
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Blue Card
- Current Yellow Card/Yellow Card Exemption
- Cert 4 or 5 in Disability Services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience delivering support services to people with disabilities
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Have you completed a qualification in disability?
No Similar Jobs Found.