Home Care Support Worker
Community Services #1 (CS#1) is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our view of community.
We are seeking qualified, caring and responsible In Home Support Workers to join our professional and supportive team in casual roles. The team provides support and social programs to maximise our clients’ quality of life and enable them to live independently in their own homes.About the role:
The Home Care Support Worker is a casual position within the Community Support Services Team and reports to the Service Delivery Coordinator. Successful applicants will complete minimum 1-hour shifts with clients between 7:00am and 7:00pm, Monday to Friday. There are occasional shifts on weekends.
- Above Award hourly rate from $30.15 (including casual loading), plus superannuation (base hourly rate from $24.12)
- Free parking at Head Office
- Join a supportive, friendly and professional workplace that is making a difference for people in your community
- Domestic work (including but not limited to cleaning, laundry, transportation, shopping and preparing meals)
- Supervising or assisting with daily hygiene, such as showering or bathing
- Mobility support
- Maintaining and monitoring the client’s plan, including documentation and progress note keeping
- Positively representing the team through professional and effective communication and liaison with clients, families and relevant professionals
- Maintaining privacy and dignity for the client and have respectful interactions
This role does not involve overnight stays or evening shifts. The position is casual with no guarantee of hours.In Home Support Worker requirements:
- Cert III in Disability, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or similar (or working towards)
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People card
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current COVID and flu vaccinations
- Unrestricted current Drivers Licence and own car
- Willingness to travel within ACT and surrounds
- Relevant work experience in a similar role
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Understanding of WHS and risk management
Position description: Home Care Support Worker
Community Services #1 acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work. We pay our respect to their Elders – past, present and emerging. We recognise their contribution to creating a thriving community through the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Australia’s First Peoples.
No Similar Jobs Found.