Residential Aged Care Facility Manager (Registered Nurse)
- : North and West Remote Health
- : 29-Jun-2020
- : Doomadgee QLD 4830
- Challenging and rewarding leadership opportunity for a Registered Nurse in one of the most remote regions of Australia
- 6 weeks on, 1 week off roster available, with flights out of Cairns or Townsville
- Highly attractive remuneration package of $104,025 inclusive of a base salary up to $95,000 and super
- Additional benefits include relocation assistance, paid accommodation, electricity, salary sacrificing options and more!
Leaders in the delivery of community based aged care, allied health, wellbeing, disability and outreach services in remote Australia since 1993, North and West Remote Health (NWRH) harnesses the diversity, energy and professionalism of a large team of multidisciplinary health care professionals delivering comprehensive healthcare services in remote and indigenous communities across Australia.
This dynamic and evolving organisation continues to break new ground in the provision of direct health services and preventative health programs and is a leading advocate for rural and remote health care.
Your new career awaits!
NWRH is currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join our team in Doomadgee as a full-time Facility Manager. The successful applicant will be able to work on a six (6) weeks on, and one (1) week off rotation, with paid flights in and out of Cairns or Townsville, if preferable.
As a Facility Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Aged Person's Hostel, including the delivery of quality care, lifestyle and accommodation for NWRH residents and community aged care clients. This is a 10 bed facility with an additional 40 (approximately), home and community care clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing nursing care to residential and community aged care recipients, in accordance with the Aged Care Act, and the appropriate Australian Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Accreditation Standards;
- Ensuring adequate staffing through recruitment and rostering activities;
- Overseeing general operations of the facility including procurement, maintenance and kitchen, cleaning and laundry functions;
- Fostering a positive workplace culture by means of a supportive and inclusive approach to HR issues;
- Taking responsibility for maintaining systems and processes that support accreditation standards for the residential aged care service and packaged care; and
- Promoting a culture of continuous quality improvement by identifying areas for improvement and supporting quality improvement activities.
Whilst only a relatively small facility, the challenges of being based in a remote area mean that the level of responsibility and volume of work required in this position is similar to that of a large facility. As such, this role would be best suited to someone looking for that type of role
Who are we looking for?
To be considered you must be a Registered Nurse with current AHPRA registration, extensive post-graduate experience, and a current 'C' Class Driver's License.
Whilst you do not need previous experience managing a facility, it is essential that you have supervisory experience in a clinical setting and the aptitude to act not only as a manager but also as a hands-on and practical leader.
Ideally, you will have experience working in aged care, however NWRH are open to considering candidates without this, providing you have lived and/or worked in a remote community.
Critical to your success in this role will be the ability to function at a high level in isolated surroundings. You will need to be flexible and resilient in order to accept the challenges of living and working in a remote Aboriginal community, and understand that many of these challenges will involve long-term solutions, rather than expecting to 'change the world' overnight.
Your high-level communication skills, and ability to work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds will provide you with the platform to engage and build lasting relationships within the community.
About the Benefits
In joining NWRH you will have the opportunity to gain invaluable regional healthcare experience in an environment that offers supervision, mentoring and multidisciplinary diversity.
The successful candidate will receive an excellent salary package circa $104,025 inclusive of a base salary up to $95,000, super, and commensurate with experience
A further range of fantastic benefits will also be provided, including:
- Relocation Assistance;
- Accommodation and electricity paid for by NWRH whilst in community;
- A 6 weeks on, 1 week off roster (which combined with annual leave equates to almost 2 months leave per year);
- 5 weeks annual leave; and
- Salary sacrificing options up to $15,900
This is a rare opportunity to live and work in one of Australia's most unique and untouched locations. If you are a Registered Nurse who is restless with your current day-to-day and looking for a role that challenges you in a highly rewarding way, don't wait - Apply Now!
Previous Applicants need not apply.About Doomadgee
Covering an area of 186,300 hectares, Doomadgee is a Deed of Grant in Trust (DOGIT) Community. Doomadgee is approximately 100kms north-west of Burketown and 130kms east of the Northern Territory Border and is home to around 1,200-1,500 people.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have inhabited these lands for thousands of years. The traditional homelands of The Gangalidda and the Waanyi people lie in and around the Doomadgee Shire and there are also Garrawa and Yunjulla people and a range of people from Indigenous nations across Australia who have made Doomadgee their home.
Doomadgee is a very friendly and welcoming community. Like most remote towns, it is not without some problems, but for the most part, is a safe and beautiful place to live and work.
Doomadgee is an alcohol managed community.
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role;
- All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check; and
- Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Career Opportunities: Clinical Manager (21179)
- Posted By: Regis
- Posted Date: 2020-07-03
- Location:Tasmania TAS
- Career Opportunities: Clinical Manager (21179) We are seeking an experienced Clinical Care M...
- Clinical Care Manager
- Posted By: Bupa Australia
- Posted Date: 2020-06-30
- Location:Port Macquarie & Mid North Coast NSW
- Clinical Care Manager Location: NSW - Mid North Coast Job Description: Ab...
- Case Worker-Fyshwick
- Posted By: The Salvation Army Aged Care
- Posted Date: 2020-06-24
- Location:Fyshwick ACT 2609
- Case Worker Fyshwick Apply ...
- CLINICAL MANAGER - CALOUNDRA
- Posted By: Southern Cross Support Services
- Posted Date: 2020-06-13
- Location:Caloundra QLD 4551
- CLINICAL MANAGER - CALOUNDRA Full time, permanent role with NFP salary packaging options availabl...