Support Workers - Hurstville, NSW
If you are passionate about working ‘with’ and ‘for’ people who matter then this role is for you!
Newly are currently seeking people who like working with people! We have an opportunity for you to work with a leading provider of aged care and disability services whilst providing the quality person-centered care you were trained to deliver. You enjoy
- Working with a range of people in their own home environment and local community.
- Proactively supporting peoples’ independence, social connections and while promoting positive health & well being
- Being ‘hands on’, so suits active people who can perform manual handling tasks
- Listening, talking, having fun
- Working for an Organisation whose mission is “Being for Others’
If this sounds like you, then our employer has a range of benefits to support you in your career with them, including training and skills development, flexible working hours, career progression, salary packaging and career progression.
To be considered we also ask that you have:
- Flexibility with your availability, so we can provide the right support at the right time to our customers.
- Cert III in either Aged Care, Individual Support and/or Disability
- Current Level 2 First Aid and CPR certificate
- with related experience in the aged care and/or disability industry.
- Driver Licence and Car.
- Has Working Rights in Australia
- Housekeeping duties including cleaning laundry, vacuuming, changing linen
- Preparation of meals and service of food provision with consideration to diet
- Organising customer appointments and escorting customer to outings
- Shopping with, and on behalf of the customer
- Assistance with banking or payment of bills
- Care of plants and pets at the customer’s residence
- Care Planning (In line with Care Plans)
- Low Needs Personal Care:
- Personal hygiene of customer including bathing, showering, dressing, shaving, grooming
- Assist with customer mobility, such as walking, wheelchair and other mobility aids or devices
- Assist with addressing communication difficulties arising from impaired hearing, sight, speech
- Assist with visual aid maintenance such as checking hearing aid batteries and clean spectacles
- Assist with daily hygiene including bathing, showering, toileting, grooming, shaving,
- Assist with administration of medication as instructed in the Care Plan
- Supporting customers with planned activities either facility based, in the home or within the community
- High Needs Personal Care (in addition to Low Needs Care)
- Maintain continence using aids designed to assist continence management
- Responsible for managing incontinence, such as through Catheter care
- Assistance with maintenance of bowel care, gastrostomy care (PEG feeding) and hoist transfers
- Therapy plan compliance and managing challenging behaviours
- Basic management of epilepsy & complex needs
No Similar Jobs Found.