Casual Assistant in Nursing - Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Identified
- : Biripi Aboriginal Corporation Medical Centre
- : 12-Feb-2020
- : Purfleet NSW 2430
About the business
Biripi Aboriginal Corporation Medical Centre (ACMC) provides a wide range of culturally appropriate health and well-being services covering communities across the mid-northern NSW region. These include; Clinical, Maternal health, Aged & Community Care, Community health and Dental health services from clinics and facilities around Taree and statutory Out of Home Care (OOHC) through Biripi Aboriginal Children Services (BACS) in Taree and Walanbaa Gaayili in Inverell.
About the role
Biripi Aged Care Australian Government programs are focussed on assisting our Aboriginal Elders to remain independent and in their homes for as long as possible under a restorative approach and living longer flexible service delivery model. The AIN will also assist in promoting Biripi ACMC to increase client access and improve client health and well-being in the area of Aged Care, while promoting enablement and client centred care within a cultural framework.
The key objectives of this role include:
- Support carers of frail aged and disabled people in their caring role.
- Support care recipients to remain living independently in their own home.
- Act as a member of an integrated team of Aged Care Support Staff attending to the personal, domestic and social needs of care recipients in receipt of services from Biripi ACMC Aged & Community Care Service.
- To provide direct assistance to carers and care recipients in accordance with their own individual care-plans as per program guidelines.
- To respect each care recipient and ensure they are treated with respect and dignity and given opportunities for making decisions particularly concerning their daily routines, This includes communicating in a manner that is appropriate to their own condition.
- Observe the conditions of clients and report & document accurate changes.
Skills and experience
If you have:
- Demonstrated ability to engage & work effectively with Aboriginal people and communities.
- Empathy in working with elderly people with a client centred approach.
- Current unrestricted NSW drivers licence.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous work history in Aged Care or disabilities area.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Good time management skills.
- Qualifications in a health or related field or willingness to obtain a certificate in Aged Care or relevant area.
- Competent knowledge & understanding of the Commonwealth Common Standards Guidelines for Commonwealth Home Support Programs.
- Knowledge of the Commonwealth Home Care Packages and National Disability Insurance Scheme.
We would love to hear from you.
How to Apply!
To apply for this position, please upload a resume and/or cover letter onto seek for your application to be considered.
This position closes at 5pm on Sunday 8 March 2020
This position is classified as an "Identified Position" and as such is Male Designated & authorised under section 30 of the Sex Discrimination Act 1984.
No Similar Jobs Found.